Target Car

Target Car

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Shelsley Walsh Members Day 2020

We are members of the Midlands Automobile Club based at the Shelsley Walsh hillclimb venue and recently had the chance to enter a Members day event. This is an all-day affair and was open to 100 cars, all getting the chance of doing 6 runs up the hill.
I've done this previously in our S2000 but this time the missus agreed to let me take the Cobra provided she came too!.

I started out as usual with the hillclimb thinking I'll just take it easy and cruise up the hill, but get on the startline, lights change to green and you just have to go for it!
The video below is one of our gentler runs up the hill  - sorry for the quality.




Pleasingly, the car performed really well on the day, never missed a beat and survived the hardest outing she's had thus far.
Once I've got better used to the handling I'd love to give it another go. Shelsley is quite narrow and if the back steps out its a trip to the menders!









No comments:

Post a Comment